In order to ensure a fun and productive semester, please review the following lesson policies. Parents of students 12 and older are asked to go over the Cancellation Policy, Tardiness Policy, and Practicing sections with their children.
Tution for the semester may be paid in full at the begining of the semester or on a monthly basis. All monthly tuition bills must be paid for in full prior to the first lesson of the month.
A recital and course materials fee of $35/family will be added to the first invoice of the semester.
Try to choose a time in which you feel confident that the student can reliably attend lessons. Please understand you are reserving an exclusive weekly time in my schedule, whether you use it or not. I unfortunately cannot resell that time nor can I easily create extra teaching time in which to give lessons.
- Lessons for the entire semester will be scheduled prior to the start of the semester, with a minimum of 12 lessons for the fall semester or 20 lessons for the spring semester for weekly students. All planned absences such as school vacations must be discussed at the beginning of the semester.
- Students may reschedule without penalty a maximum of 1 lesson per semester for any reason, provided that notice is given at least 24 hours in advance. This make-up lesson is not a credit towards a future lesson.
- Parents are charged in full for any cancellations beyond the first missed lesson and for any cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice.
- Exceptions may be made for extreme circumstances and major or communicable illness. Lessons missed due to academic workload, last-minute vacations, school trips, sports practices or contests, rehearsals, outside events, etc. do not qualify for exemption from these policies.
- Any absences or tardiness on the part of the instructor will always be made up.
Because of the many wonderful students enrolled in the studio, students arriving late to lessons cannot be guaranteed their full lesson time. Parents dropping off students must arrive 5 minutes before the end of the lesson so students are ready to leave promptly at the end of their lesson time. Please appreciate that your timeliness directly impacts the lessons of your fellow students.
Families earn credit for one free lesson in appreciation for each new student they refer who signs up for at least one month of lessons.
To make sure students make weekly progress I recommend at least 15 minutes of focused, daily practice for beginners. Repetition is key to good singing practices, and with good practice habits, students will amaze themselves with their improvement. Students are to keep all music organized in a 3-ring binder. Students are expected to keep a practice log in order to keep both parents and myself informed about the work they are doing.
As musicians, we express ourselves and share our art through performance. Recitals are therefore a vital part of the learning process, as well as a fun and exciting opportunity to showcase the growth and improvement that has been made over the course of the semester!
Each semester will conclude with a recital, in which all students are expected to participate. Students must maintain lessons and practice on a regular basis in order to participate in studio recitals. Recitals will be scheduled as early as possible within the semester.
Please feel free to contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 863-SING with any questions or concerns that you might have.